A brainteaser is a type of puzzle that takes thought to resolve. Sometimes they may seem impossible, or for some, extremely easy, brainteasers are a great exercise and can benefit us in many ways. Brainteasers include things such as unusual or abstract questions, Sudokus, word searches, Riddles, mathematical questions and puzzles.
Benefits of brain teasers include:
- Boost overall brain activity.
- Increase your memory power.
- Reduce the risk, and slow the decline, of dementia.
- Improve memory and brain processing speed.
- Reduce boredom.
- Improve concentration.
Brainteasers are a great way to keep your brain fit and healthy, just like physical exercise is great to keep you physically healthy. Although you may like certain brainteasers more than others when it comes to maximising the benefits, variety is very important. Try not to focus solely on crosswords or Sudoko and try to mix it up slightly!
Can you complete the Brain Teasers below?
- John’s mother had four children. She named the first child Monday. She named the second child Tuesday, and she named her third child Wednesday. What is the name of her fourth child?
- What seven-letter word has hundreds and hundreds of letters in it?
- You can find me in Mercury, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, but not Venus or Neptune. What am I?
- The letter ‘R’