Our client is based near the Allington area on the west side of Maidstone, they are looking to recruit a capable, skilled, and adaptable Despatch Assistant, working on a temporary to permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation with modern office and warehouse facilities.
With stockholdings currently over £5 million, this is a busy and vital department, and paramount to achieving excellent customer satisfaction.
Whilst the picking of the goods is handled via the Warehouse Team, the Despatch Team will fulfil orders through the accurate selection (post-pick) and preparation of goods for shipment, making sure that documents relating to despatch are prepared correctly.
· Correct service and box selection are required to ensure appropriate to customer’s needs whilst minimising freight costs where possible.
· The role requires attention to detail to ensure that errors are kept to a minimum and will be targeted with KPIs.
· The Despatch Team will be responsible for the good housekeeping of their section of the Warehouse and ensure sundry packaging supplies are reported where stocks are low. Despatch includes individual items and boxes through to pallets.
The departments primary focus is to despatch goods efficiently to all customers, ensuring that quality of goods remains prominent. Within the team, members will be responsible for specific territories, such as Export, whilst all will be expected to assist, support and cover when needed.
· Basic ICT, Maths and English are a requirement, along with the ability to undertake manual handling tasks.
· Previous demonstrable Warehouse experience preferred
· The ability to undertake manual handling tasks
· Adaptable and flexible to cope with a variable workload
· The ability to work within a team structure
· Reach Truck/Forklift Licence is desirable but not essential
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm (one hour deducted for breaks). The hourly pay rate will be £10.26 per hour (starting permanent salary £20,000 per annum).
The client is on a reliable public transport route and there free on-site parking
Once a permanent position is offered, applicants will enjoy several benefits including:
· Attendance bonus
· Discounted gym membership
· Private health care scheme
· Discounted cinema, theatre, and concert tickets
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
- Basic ICT, Maths and English are a requirement, along with the ability to undertake manual handling tasks.
- Previous demonstrable Warehouse experience preferred