Our client a popular and successful GP Practice on the South side of Maidstone is looking to recruit an Administrator/Receptionist on a permanent basis.
- Supporting the Operations Team function and practice team in providing optimal patient/customer services/care.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate services or healthcare professionals in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the Practice.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the Primary Health Care Team, Secondary Care and other associated Healthcare Agencies.
- Hours of work will be between 8:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch break) working a 37.5 hour week.
- Salary: £19,000 per annum
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Practice administration team are listed below, however a full job description will be provided to applicants who are contacted regarding their application:
- Opening up/locking-up of Practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols
- Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
- Processing in-person and telephone requests for appointments and visits and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional in a courteous manner
- Taking messages accurately and passing on information in a timely manner ensuring handover at the end of your shift as appropriate
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Dealing with any repeat prescriptions queries, liaising with the prescribing team
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; scanning, processingand recording information in accordance with Practice procedures (document handling)
- Initiating contact with, and responding to, requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Relaying patients’ results as directed by the clinicians
- Collecting payments from patients for non-NHS services
- Accepting and logging any over the counter forms e.g., insurance and medical reports
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Email correspondence: letter contact to be avoided as far as possible
- Housekeeping – keeping the reception area, administration areas, noticeboards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter. Loading and emptying the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.