Our client a well established leading firm of solicitors are seeking experienced and committed 3 year+ PQE criminal duty solicitors for their offices in Maidstone and Gravesend. Successful candidates will have a sound knowledge of the relevant law and procedure, manage a varied caseload covering the full remit of criminal matters from instruction to conclusion (both private and Legal Aid), to include preparing cases for trial and attending clients at police stations and/or courts throughout Kent, including out of hours work.
- Qualified solicitor of at least 3 years’ PQE. PSAR or Criminal Duty status would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Proactive, able to manage a challenging caseload with minimal supervision and have strong communication skills with an excellent client facing manner.
- Work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines when required.
- Excellent research skills and an organised working manner are essential.
- General IT competency is essential and knowledge of Microsoft packages (Excel, Word & Outlook), Big Hand and Partner 4 Windows would be advantageous.
- Candidates must have access to their own vehicle and possess a full clean driving licence.
We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role
- Experienced criminal solicitor
- At least 3 years’ PQE
- General IT competency
- PSAR or Criminal Duty status