Our client a privately owned property development and investment company based on the outskirts of Maidstone are looking to recruit a Maintenance / Handyperson / Property Manager.
The company’s development activities are primarily focused in the South East of England and include logistics, industrial, environmental recovery and residential.
- Opening up and locking up buildings
- Taking utility meter readings
- Assisting customers and tenants
- Managing properties to ensure they are safe
- Security – ensuring there are no third parties using the properties, manage and enforce compliance
- Litter picking, debris removal, cleaning
- De-weeding the communal gardens and keeping them in good order
- Handyperson / maintenance tasks to fix minor repairs
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialised technician
- Enforcement of lease obligations and payment terms
- Develop appropriate procedures and policies as necessary for your duties or as directed by your employer
- Organise any authorised maintenance programme or repairs or renewals.
- Manage costs and utilities such that appropriate costs are recharged to the tenants in accordance with the company accounting procedures and the lease obligation. Monitor and report as required (weekly/monthly) validate costs on invoices for works and services carried out on site.
- Assist/manage marketing and lettings/vacant space
- Manage insurance obligations with the site/s.
- Any other tasks that may be required to assist the company and colleagues in managing their Kent property portfolio
- Attend out of hours fire alarm/intruder alarm activations
Strong customer service skills
Basic maintenance knowledge
Clean driving licence – transport will be provided by the company during work hours
Hours of work will be 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, but there may be work required outside of these hours
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
- Basic maintenance knowledge