Our client, a well know, successful and long-established international manufacturer of industrial tools and fixings, are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active Warehouse/Goods In Operative to join their team based in Sevenoaks.
You will be responsible for a wide range of warehouse tasks and will become a key member of the team, responsible for the receipt, handling and flow of goods through the warehouse. A good communicator, with a desire to learn and grow, will flourish in this role. You will enjoy communicating with other members of the team and third parties, including transport companies. This is a physical role where you will be active for the majority of your day. Lifting is involved.
·Loading and unloading delivery vehicles
·Confirming goods received
·Ensuring all stock is labelled and stored correctly
·Replenishment of stock
·Picking and packing customer orders (pallets and cartons)
·Warehouse administration e.g. updating stock system and preparing manifests
·Liaising with transport companies
What’s on offer?
·Competitive basic annual salary of £20,000 + discretionary staff bonus
·Excellent development opportunities Hours 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (we are currently closing at 4.00pm on Fridays)
·26 days holiday in addition to your birthday off plus Bank Holidays
·Free on-site parking
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a similar Warehousing environment
- Comfortable working at both a computer and on the warehouse floor
- Forklift licence or willingness to be trained
- Driving licence and own transport
- Flexible - must be prepared to travel between sites at short notice
- A determined, patient and practical person with good concentration skills and an attention to detail
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good computer skills
- The job involves manual work, lifting and carrying boxes weighing up to 20kg
- Good communicator and a team player.
- Experience of an ERP system will be advantageous