Our client a warehouse storage & distribution company on the outskirts of Maidstone is looking to recruit a Warehouse Mid Shift Supervisor.
The main purpose of the role will be to support and assist the depot Management Team to achieve the company’s financial, operational and customer service objectives of the site. To control the warehouse operations and other associated buffer locations on a day to day basis, ensuring compliance with agreed standards and procedures. Provide an intermediary between customer service, transport and warehouse personnel with the aim of improving quality, cost and customer service performance. Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the warehouse operation identifying best practice for handling, labour requirements, warehouse utilisation and mechanical handling equipment.
The mid shift hours of work are 17:00 to 02:30 hours 5/6 days per week.
Monday to Friday week 1, Monday to Saturday week 2
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure picking of orders and loading/unloading of vehicles are executed to deadlines
- Planning shifts with the view to maximise operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensure optimum utilisation of shift labour by effective labour planning, training and development of all staff
- Accurate completion of all paperwork
- Lead and motivate the team
- Highlight to the Mid Shift Manager any issues or gaps with skills, training, standards and general performance of the department
- Identifying areas for improvement within the operation
- Experience of Multi-user Logistics/Distribution preferable
- Effective problem solving, with a solutions focus and strong knowledge in WMS’s – Red Prairie is of benefit
- Familiarity with BRC
- Experience within an FMCG or food background is preferable
- Positive attitude and a professional approach
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, with the ability to deliver direction and motivation in an effective manner
Salary is negotiable
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
- Do you have experience of multi user logistics/distribution
- Do you have experience within a FMCG or food background
- Do you have working knowledge of warehouse management software (Red Prairie)