Our client a warehouse storage & distribution company is looking to recruit two Warehouse Supervisors to work at their premises in Sittingbourne and Aylesford. The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5pm and alternate Saturdays 6am to 3.30pm.
The main purpose of the role will be to support and assist the depot Management Team to achieve the company’s financial, operational and customer service objectives of the site. To control the warehouse operations and other associated buffer locations on a day to day basis, ensuring compliance with agreed standards and procedures. Provide an intermediary between customer service, transport and warehouse personnel with the aim of improving quality, cost and customer service performance. Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the warehouse operation identifying best practice for handling, labour requirements, warehouse utilisation and mechanical handling equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Supervise the warehouse operation in accordance with company and area-specific policies and procedures
- Enforce Health and Safety procedures with all personnel including visitors to the site
- To keep and maintain a clean and hygienic environment across all shifts
- Ensure all operatives are trained in accordance with company operating procedures
- Managing the activities and resources to achieve best financial, operational and customer service results
- To ensure equipment is operational and relevant checks are being carried out and maintained
- Conduct accident reporting and investigation procedures in accordance with company policy
- To assist in the management of productivity to achieve KPIs changing priorities where necessary, and being proactive in looking for continuous improvements
- Ensure company policies are adhered to, administrative functions completed within deadlines and maintain accurate records in line with both customer and company requirements
- To promote harmonious and effective working relationships both internally and externally, ensuring excellent customer services through a combination of communication, teamwork, motivation, leadership and team briefings
- Communicate information to incoming Supervisors to have an effective shift handover. In addition, communicate both upwards and downwards to enhance staff morale and create a better understanding of business needs
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce orders within specifications. Ensure all rejected product/stock outside of specifications has the correct paperwork
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment is maintained
- Manage performance targets in line with company KPIs
- Ensure warehouses are managed and operate in compliance with the company’s policies, procedures and working practices
- Ensure staffing levels are met and managed with all personnel trained in accordance with company policy
- Ensure all personnel, adhere to the companies Health and Safety, BRC of organic policies
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
- A minimum of 3 years warehouse supervisory experience