We are urgently looking to recruit a Premises Manager to work at a large secondary school based in Canterbury, this is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to commence work ASAP on an interim temporary to possible permanent basis.
This position would be working full time flexible eight hour shifts between the times of 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.The hourly pay rate will initially be £10.50 with the permanent salary on a scale £20-£25,000.
- To work on a rotational basis, assisting with the maintenance and security of all of school premises, buildings, and grounds;
- To assist with planned preventative maintenance, ad-hoc repairs and undertake works to the schools buildings and grounds;
- To maintain the security of school premises, buildings and grounds, including frequent routine and non-routine patrols and inspections of the roadways, car parks and cycle racks, perimeter fencing and gates;
- To maintain, operate and test the security systems including the fire alarm, intruder alarm, refuge call alarm, CCTV and door alarms and inspect fire extinguishing systems and report any faults;
- To take responsibility of opening and closure of buildings across the school site and having key holding responsibilities;
- Have full knowledge of emergency procedures and be familiar with main contacts;
- To maintain a health and safety culture by spotting and rectifying hazards and following correct procedures;
- To supervise all onsite contractors and issue keys as required;
- To move furniture and carry out manual handling tasks using appropriate aids;
- To maintain key signing systems and other administration systems;
- Assist the cleaning supervisor with any cleaning and cover for busy periods where required.
- Experience of facilities and operational functions desirable.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Earl Street Employment is an equal opportunity employer.
We are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role.
- Experience of facilities and operational functions.